Monday, March 22, 2010

  To all those that know me and to all those who are yet to meet me, I'm Eliud and only at the age of sixteen I'm one of Albuquerque's greatest graffiti artist, but before I get more into detail let me start from the beginning. 
  Well my story starts way before I could even write, back when I was just a baby. Drawing and coloring 100 paged coloring books from the Family dollar.I would need a new book every weekend, making sure I wouldn't Saturday morning cartoons. I used to love watching Spider-man and X-men, I guess all the colorful clothes and weird robotic weapons they would use made me have such a great imagination. I always thought when grow I was going to be a power rangers but I guess when I finally got older I decided tights and masks weren't me.
  Growing up in the South valley and the West side, I was always surrounded by gangs, drug dealers and kids who I know are probably sitting in jail or out causing destruction. As a little yougin, I was kind of drifting into that life.I had a ride or die homie we started doing stuff together and even hanging out with gangs, positive out come of that is that one of the gang members was an artist and I started combining art with gang activity.This is how I got influenced to do graffiti, and  8 year old kid out in the streets putting his name up and his gang. 
  Come around the age of 12 and I decided to start skating, yea I had the long hair and rocked out jewelry. I started drifting out of the gang scene and me my homie started skating and said we were going to leave that life behind. Funny story is that a couple months passed and he introduced me to his uncle a O.G. graffiti artist, Disko. I started going back and remembering people telling me I have a talent for art. I started seeing a lot more of the graffiti scene, and it was like I was watching my Saturday morning cartoons. You can say that once I spray my first can I fell in love. I wish I could explain the feeling but its so great it's unexplainable. 
   I wish I could stop but it's like a virus, it's in me and I can't take it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment